Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend



Happy Monday! Quickly, here is our weekend update:

1)  Late Saturday night I watched some of our videos of the girls when they were 2-3 years old.  The next thing I knew, a solid hour had passed, it was after midnight, and I couldn't believe those tiny bodies, faces and voices are as big as they are today.  Videos such as this and this.  And this

Oh my goodness!  Where did the time go?

Note to self:  shoot more video.  And freeze time. 


2) Friday was a weather day in our school district, as a way to remember the tornado tragedies that occurred on 04-27-11.  I had scheduled a follow up appointment with my eye doctor without realizing the date and that I would have my entourage with me. We made the trip to the office with many activities in respective backpacks. Even with a 50 minute wait, everyone's behavior was really good. The only minor incident was when Lauren very, very LOUDLY commented on one of the optician's extensive tattoos.

"Momma! Look! She gots---"
[---Grabbing Lauren by the arm, spinning her to me, all the while shaking my head NO-NO-NO.] [Two fellow patrons in the waiting area supressing giggles and snickers.]

Other than that, everything worked out well, and I have a sweet pair of Ray Ban "Jackie Ohh" prescription sunglasses for summer. 

3)  Last but certainly not least, the Starburst played Saturday morning. Gracie hit two coach pitches (WOOT!), and both Lauren and Gracie played excellent defense. Importantly, no one got out. They're getting the hang of the softball business. 

How was your weekend? 

No comments: