Friday, September 14, 2012

Beauty

Today we are talking about beauty products. 
 
Cosmetics are one of my favorite things.  Even now, when I barely have time to apply make-up, I still have huge affinity for my favorite products.  I tend to like products at all price points.  I routinely pick up cosmetics at Wal-Mart and Target, but I also occasionally splurge on some higher end products, too.  I learned in my late teens/early 20's that a more expensive product may last much longer than a cheaper version. 
 
My favorite foundation products are below.  I love Clinique's Moisture Surge Face Spray, Thirsty Skin Relief.  I apply this after I have finished with my make-up, and I reapply at least once during the day.  This bottle does cost $22.00, but I have had it for over a year. 
 

Next (and I will go ahead and freely admit that I like all of the Moisture Surge products), I started using Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer as a primer a few months ago.  I start with this product, apply a very thin layer of foundation, a smidgen of concealer and then lightly powder.  It's a process, as I am losing my battle with the sun, time and gravity. 



Next up, lip liner.  This product is indulgent for my every day routine, but I still use it.  I use lip and eye liner from Chanel.  After some extensive research -- during some of the leanest budgetary years of my life, Chanel's liners are probably the best deal on the market.  They last.  So much so, that I find myself wondering if I have passed the recommended two-year usage recommendation. 




Finally, lipstick is my deserted island necessity.  If I had to pick just one cosmetic to take with me to a deserted island, without question I would grab a lipstick.  Invariably, if I am not wearing lipstick, people ask me if I am feeling ok.  They really do!  Chanel is probably my favorite, but I will wear almost any lipstick, any time.  I like Revlon, Maybelline, Clinique, etc.  After wearing softer colors for a while, I am excited about the darker trends for fall. 




Those are my personal faves and my go-to tools in the arsenal. 

What are yours?  What is your survival (stranded-on-a-deserted island) pick?

 

No comments: