Monday, June 17, 2013

Enumerated Update

Hello, friends!

How was your weekend?  Ours was glorious, in that nothing-planned, just-hanging-out kind of way. Here's what's happening with us:

1) Apple: I'll go ahead and confess that we watch the Apple Keynotes the way most people watch the Superbowl.  Now, we don't follow the industry rumors and try to speculate about new product releases or anything over-the-top like that (if you do, that's totally cool), but we do like to see what they have up their sleeve.  I still say that the moment Steve Jobs held up the original iPhone during the 2007 Keynote will go down as one of the more memorable inventive moments of my lifetime.
Although we are not Airbook or pro users, we are excited about Mavericks to say the least.

Also, and I readily admit this will solidify my nerdy reputation, I always enjoy seeing Woz in the audience.

Did you watch? What was your favorite reveal? If you missed it, at least enjoy the promo of the Berlin store opening.  

Also, here is a video that didn't make it into the Keynote.  It's riveting:




2) Apple TV: By way of update on our Appletv purchase, we like it, although we still do not view much television.  However, if someone had explained to me earlier that I would be able to use my iPhone as the remote control, we would have bought this product years earlier.

3) Jerry Seinfeld: Season 2 of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee debuted last Thursday at noon and features Sarah Silverman.  This is not a rated G production, but is so... incredibly... funny.  Skip and I have an ongoing debate about the funniest guest (sadly, it isn't Silverman).  My pick is Larry David, and Skip's pick is Alec Baldwin.  Baldwin is the more obviously funny guest, and you might be tempted to think that happens to be because he is the funniest.  Not so.  I think he was the more rehearsed guest, and that makes a big difference.  We are looking forward to the Letterman episode this week, and we recognize fully that his performance could go either way.  We could see the comic genius Letterman or the surly Letterman.  One never knows.  Check it out here.

4) Best TV Series of All Time: The Writers Guild of America recently released its list of the 101 best written TV series of all time.  Seinfeld ranked #2, behind The Sopranos.  This list is interesting for two reasons. First, all of the garbage on television is stripped away, leaving some pristine entertainment. Second, many of these shows originally aired back when I actually watched television. See a connection? When it was good, more people watched.

Anyrate.  With all due respect to the Writers Guild, I'm going to have to disagree with the order.  I liked The Sopranos.  I definitely did.  But Seinfeld reigned supreme.

See the full list here.

 And that's it for us.  What's happening with you?


No comments: