Monday, June 24, 2013

Enumerated Update

Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend?

Here's the story with us on this fine morning:

1)  Deleterious Neglect: This poor site has been somewhat neglected so far this summer. Lindsey Twins is a little like my fourth child and is the space I rely on to preserve our daily happenings.  Plus, you all have filled the space previously occupied by my coworkers. While you may be bashful about commenting, your e-mails always make my day.

I had hoped to organize a Monday, Wednesday, Friday posting schedule for summer, but instead posting has been all over the map.  We have been really busy since school ended, and I haven't had the camera in hand all that much.  Since I want to have our summer documented, efforts will be redoubled to have some regularity with posting (M-W-F?). How does that sound?

2)  Instagram: So last week Instagram added video to its site, and users can now upload 15 seconds of video.  I understand about storage limitations, but am I the only one who thinks 15 seconds is inadequate? Artistically, I understand the whole less-is-more concept, and I realize I bring a complete inability to edit/curate to the table.  But 15 seconds is not a lot.

30? Can we lobby for 30?

3) Cancellations: I have tremendous guilt and anxiety about one of my little peccadilloes.  Very infrequently, I will cancel a physician appointment if said appointment creates a conflict with another inflexible calendar item.  This probably sounds bad, but as Skip points out, people cancel every day and other people try to get "worked in" every day. The whole thing cancels out.

This year we have made swimming lessons an absolute priority.  We need to nail down swimming once and for all, and all other activities are taking a backseat to swim lessons.  Therefore, when I noticed a conflict with a routine appointment, I decided to cancel.

For me, calling the office to inform that you cannot confirm the appointment is analogous to calling off from work with a flimsy excuse.  Ugh.  It's simply unthinkable.

"No, I'm sorry, we won't be able to make it."
"..."
"Can we reschedule?"
"Well, we can't get you in for quite a while." [Insert passive/aggressive maneuvering here.]
"I understand, and that will be fine."
"The only thing I have is [many weeks away] at 8:00am."
"Fine." [Of course that's all you have.]

Ugh.  

4) Target Stop Sign: So you know how the Target store front is set up? Stop signs are positioned on either side of the street passing in front of Target, creating an enormous crosswalk for customers entering and exiting Target, correct? Stop signs, as in all traffic stops (whether there are pedestrians or not) and then yields for any crosswalk foot traffic.

Friends, nothing makes me want to channel my inner Nancy Botwin more than when drivers fail to stop and/or refuse to yield.

5) 6/30: The Feed + Target collaboration is available on June 30th. 

FEED's mission is described as:

FEED Projects' mission is to create good products that help FEED the world. We do this through the sale of FEED bags, bears, t-shirts, and other accessories by building a set donation into the cost of each product. Thus the impact of each product, signified by a stenciled number, is understandable, tangible, and meaningful.
Read about the collaboration here, and preview the collection here.

6) Millennials: Know any 20-somethings who are currently navigating early adulthood? This book is full of practical advice.  For those of us past that decade, the book probably reads like a flashback. 


How was your first weekend of summer? What's happening with you today?








No comments: