Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Shipt


Since the early days of Peapod and Webvan, I have dreamed of grocery delivery. We were very early adopters of the AmazonPrime experience and cannot recommend that service enough. I had been pinning my hopes on the eventual expansion of AmazonFresh to my area. Sure, it's a long shot, but stranger things have happened. (Imagine my surprise when I realized Sunday delivery was available from Amazon in this area. Admittedly, I'm a little torn on that one.) As it turns out, folks in this area do not have to wait for AmazonFresh.

When Shipt, a local venture, introduced its partnership with Publix, Target and Best Buy and its plan to provide same-day delivery of approximately 40,000 items, I was ecstatic and immediately joined. The service launches in May with a careful roll-out for Beta testing. The idea of not having to load all three children into the car this summer for errands makes me giddy. As such, bear with me as I provide periodic updates on how this service is working in the hopes of persuading all locals to sign up, too, so that we can all enjoy the ease and convenience of online shopping for years to come. A service of this type is an ambitious undertaking and many others have failed, but I am really pulling for it to thrive* in our area. 

*I know nothing, of course, but my humble prediction is that Shipt's success would lead to it being purchased... most likely by Amazon.


No comments: