Monday, May 22, 2017

Mother's Day 2017


George came home on the Friday before Mother's Day with a special delivery. He was too impatient to wait for Sunday and thrust his gift in my hands during car pool.

He did a great job with his painting, and our kitchen is a lot more colorful now.



 Mother's Day is always the day after Grace and Lauren's dance recital (update soon), and we usually go out to eat afterward as a family. Although the night is about them (and their choice of restaurant), we kind of combine Mother's Day with that as well.

Therefore, we keep Mother's Day pretty quiet.

George came downstairs first on Sunday morning. Since George was about three, he and I have had a deal. He agrees to dress up for church, any special event and any time I ask/need him to, and he gets to wear basically whatever he likes the rest of the time. So on Mother's Day morning, George came down wearing his blazer just for me. This was just the best ever.


Lauren and Grace, on the other hand, had been busily coordinating everyone's art projects. They had worked on some special art pieces at school, and were able to wait until Sunday for a big reveal.




These are the best job reviews I have ever received. HA!









I had the very best day, complete with a wonderful breakfast, lunch out and a really great afternoon with my four favorite people.  

No comments: