Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Overheard

I was in Whole Foods last Friday and overheard the following exchange in the Prepared Foods department:

Lady, talking to the Whole Foods deli employee: I have been to four plastic surgeons this week.
Employee: Wow.
Lady: I know... I have been all over town.
Employee: ...
Lady: Well, there is no way I'm getting Botox.
Employee: ...

I'm certainly not judging anyone pursuing treatment options, but rather the naivete. Isn't a plastic surgeon reaching for the Botox tool analogous to the dentist reaching for plaque removal tools -- kind of, I don't know, the first step? I haven't met with a plastic surgeon, but I would imagine it would be a matter of mere seconds before the world "Botox" passed over his/her lips -- just like I know my dentist is going to extol the merits of flossing.

In other words, I restrained myself from leaning in and saying, "Well, they don't offer up the fountain of youth until the third or fourth visit... and your insurance will not cover it.

No comments: