Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Clothing for Boys


Via RalphLauren.com
Throughout the girls' babyhood, toddlerhood, preschool years and to the present, I have enjoyed putting together their clothing probably more than I should.  There are so many options, and having an outfit or look not work is almost impossible.  During this time, whenever a mom of boys would complain about limited choices or that there simply are not cute or attractive clothing options, I would sympathize.  "Poor thing," I would think to myself. 

Imagine my surprise when I realized that putting together William George's wardrobe is equally fun and rewarding.  Options are less readily available, and that means special occasions can be challenging.  However, with some determination, the results are equally stunning.  For example, blogger Sarah James has perfected the look for her son here

The trick for me has been developing discernment.  There are thousands of options at all price points for girls, but you have to be more careful with boys' clothing since there simply isn't as much selection.  I am still carefully picking up the tricks and tips for dressing boys, but it isn't nearly as daunting as I had imagined.

No comments: