Monday, June 25, 2012

Nightly Walks



Hello,

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Ours was very low key.  Friday afternoon, we had tons of errands.  I went to Costco and quickly remembered that Fridays at Costco, especially during the summer months, are a mad house.  I actually had to scour the parking lot for a space and then located one of the few remaining carts to take into the store.  After Costco, we finished up our errand list, picked up George from his grandparents and had a quiet Friday night. 

We dropped by our city's art museum Sunday for a peek at the Warhol and Cars: American Icons exhibit.  If you happened to see my Instagram feed*, you may have spied some of the paintings we saw.  There were no signs expressly prohibiting photography, and I only used my iPhone camera (no flash) so I am hopeful that's kosher.  The exhibit is small, but well worth dropping in to see.  (The exhibit is free.) 

We spent the rest of the weekend playing with the girls and George.  We drug the pools and water table out Sunday afternoon, and everyone enjoyed a quick swim.  George has really adjusted to the pool and loves to pour water from a bucket. 

The highlight of the afternoon and evening are the nightly walks we take after dinner.  Most nights the girls and Skip walk through the neighborhood, but sometimes George and I join in the fun.  They love getting to visit with neighbors and visiting with the neighborhood pets.  Gracie always takes her stroller and some of her dolls so that they can get some fresh air, too.  Lauren likes to be unencumbered so she can flit about as necessary. 


After visiting and much running, everyone is ready for a good, hot bath and a good night's sleep. 

What is your favorite thing about slow summer evenings?

*The courteous thing to do would be to link to the feed, but I'm not sure how to do that.  For those of you in the know, my Instagram feed is "CathiOLindsey". 


No comments: