Thursday, June 14, 2012

Southern Exposure Photography



In one of those funny, isn't-it-a-small-world moments, we learned that my niece was scheduled to have her senior portrait taken by a photographer who happens to be one of Skip's friends from school.  (I mentioned Jack previously here.)  Jack graciously invited me to the shoot, and my niece generously shared her time so that I could observe. 

The session was phenomenal and so much fun.  I can see why Jack enjoys moonlighting as a photographer.  We met up at Tannehill State Park, and Jack had several ideas for backdrops and even more ideas for creative, original posing.  The above shot (taken with my iPhone 3GS) should give you an idea, and yes, I am totally kicking myself for not taking some shots with my camera.  Boo on me. 

I learned a few tricks that I have already put to use this morning.  While many of the gizmo's and gadgets packed in his bag went straight over my head, he generously talked shop, and chatting with someone who has done the research and really perfected the medium is always enlightening. 

Please check out Southern Exposure Photography's website, http://www.southernexposurephotos.com/.

More shoots are scheduled, and my niece has invited me along.  I'm totally in. 

No comments: