Friday, June 29, 2012

Update

Well, hello there!  My apologies for the shortage of posts containing words, but we are in the middle of an Internet connectivity crisis and also have some home projects in the works. 

Here's an update: 

1)  I am awaiting the arrival of our Internet service provider, Charter Communications, any minute now, to correct service issues we have been having for a couple of weeks.  This will be our fourth service call since Saturday.

Updated:  Charter "no showed". 

2)  I got my hair cut (plus highlights) last night for the first time since before spring break (almost four months ago).  When I arrived, my stylist hugged me and exclaimed, "Where have you been???!!!" I wanted to cry softly on her shoulder.  The roots... they were not good. 

3)  Lauren and Gracie are at church this very minute making cookies with their fellow preschool choir members.  After baking and decorating, they will deliver them to the fire and police stations via the church bus.  I am leaving in five minutes to ride with them.  On the bus.  Yikes. 

4)  We are undergoing a deck expansion project.  We have pulled up all of the shrubs in the back yard and are doubling the size of our deck.  While I am not involved in any "hands on" capacity with this project, this enterprise has thrown our schedule for a loop because my children stay huddled around the doors and windows, trying to talk to "Mr. Kenny" over the construction sounds.  I shoo them away at least a dozen times per day.

5)  Today's projected high temperature is 106 -- not exactly deck- or bus-friendly weather.  I'm sure the help we have enlisted for the former must surely be about to revolt.  Me sitting on a hot church bus with sweaty preschoolers makes us even. 

That sums up our situation, and I am shocked my Internet connection has held long enough to type this out.  Have a great weekend, and stay cool.

No comments: