Monday, February 11, 2013

Enumerated Update

We didn't do much this weekend.  Skip worked most of the weekend, and while the trio ran wildly through the house playing, I caught up on a rather significant backlog of magazines.

1)  Runner's High:  Lauren ran two miles in PE last week.  Gracie had a cold and was feeling a little down so she stopped at 1.5.  They are so into running right now.

2)  Washable:  I have been plagued for months by marker stains on the girls' clothes.  Here's why:



The markers "Preferred by Teachers!" are not washable. Note the exclamation point following the teacher endorsement. All year I have been wondering what kind of parent would send non-washable markers with their school supplies... what type of reckless and irresponsible mother/father/guardian would do that... and then I see that the unsuspecting parent was coerced by Crayola's proclamation that the non-washable markers are better, in fact preferred, by the world of academia. 



Nice job, Crayola! Exclamation point!

3)  February:  I had high hopes for February, but now I'm hanging my hat on March.

4)  Exception:  Except that today is my Dad's birthday so we will be singing loudly and off key as soon as the trio are picked up from school.  Happy Birthday, Dad!!!  If William George decides to sing, you'll be in for a real treat.  He uses volume to make up for any enunciation issues.  We are looking forward to a celebratory lunch!  And when George throws his food?  That means he loves you.

5) Readers: I tend to be an early adopter with most technology, but I have drug my feet on electronic books.  Lately, I have fallen in love with one electronic aspect that is a tipping point:  the preview.  In a much earlier time of my life, I insisted on finishing every book I started.  I stubbornly completed many works by Russian authors by refusing to put down a book.  Post-children, the time allotted for reading is much more limited, and therefore, I cannot waste a single minute.  The preview is critical for weeding out books that are not going to make the cut, pre-purchase and, just as importantly, pre-trip to the library.

6)  Cashmere:  Today is Monday; it is rainy and cold.  Accordingly, I have on black pants, a black cashmere turtleneck sweater, and a scarf.  I kind of resemble a ninja, but at least it's not pajamas.




7) Prabal Gurung: Gurung is the latest designer to collaborate with Target.  His 92-piece product line was available in stores and online yesterday.  This collab returns to a more Target-friendly price point.  I like the products, but am not really a floral person.  I scooped up the Nolita Tote and the Long-Sleeved Tee in Nolita print online, and I will pair those items with a black skirt to tone down the yellow.


And that's about it.  What is happening with you?

No comments: