Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Weekend Update

Hello there, friends, and welcome to the first Monday Wednesday of 2016!

Updates soon on Christmas, New Year's and the days in between, but for now I wanted to try to get some type of routine going for this new year of ours.  Our weekend consisted of our last day at the beach on Saturday, and on Sunday we celebrated Christmas with Skip's parents (again, updates soon).

Sunday night we watched the long-awaited debut of the final season of Downton Abbey. While I realize most viewers have been disappointed in this last season or two (me included), there's just no way to miss the final season, and I cannot get enough of that English castle. I almost missed it because some friends of ours came by to borrow a suitcase, and Skip gave a tutorial about packing for international travel. At 7:50pm, Skip reminded me that Downton was coming up in ten short minutes, and we raced to the television, post haste.  I had been keeping January 3rd filed away to kind of soften the blow of the post-holiday crash.

In the resolution department, here's how it breaks down:

1) Spiritual: Many times after reading the Bible to George and guiding Lauren and Grace throughout their devotional, I often do not complete my own. This will be a priority in 2016.

2) Financial: I'm taking a break from flash sales, meaning a hiatus from Kate Spade's pop-up sales, a total disconnect from Zulily (and the like) and any additional electronic temptations.  (We met with our financial planner before Christmas to discuss the bigger picture, but the aforementioned indulgences are personal things for me to eliminate. We just have too much junk!)

3) Home: The cleaning/decluttering begins immediately, and the A Bowl Full of Lemons home organization schedule begins Sunday. I completed the 14-week program last year and loved it, and there may be a weekly post here to track progress. I'm super excited because, frankly, I'm a little afraid to go into our playroom right now.

4) Health: As a family, we are committing to 30 minutes of physical exercise daily, and we will work to significantly reduced reliance on processed foods. Also, by way of confession, throughout December I have been guzzling Diet Coke over here like it's oxygen, and it needs to stop.

There are many more that spring to mind, but these are the biggies.

Did you make resolutions?







No comments: