Friday, November 3, 2017

Pumpkin Patch 2017



After a consult with the trio earlier this fall, we narrowed down some dates for a trip to the pumpkin patch. Because it has been really hot this fall, we decided to wait until the last weekend before Halloween to go. Sure, this scheduling was risky - it could rain - but they were resolute in their decision.




Naturally, we had a cold snap that day. But! The rain stopped later in the morning, and we bundled up. Personally, I loved it. My mom sent a text talking about the cold weather and how I was probably enjoying it. I SO WAS! In fact, we were planning to spend the day outside!




We watched the dog show, enjoyed the jumper, had lunch, slid, zip lined, slid some more, played basketball/football, and returned to the jumper. This may have been the only time we had hot chocolate at a pumpkin patch, but we were NOT sweating, which is a huge win in my book.  










Before we left that morning, Skip made a batch of his chili, and we were definitely glad to pull into the basement after a long day and be greeted with the smell of delicious chili in the slow cooker.  



Pumpkin Patch 2017 from Cathi Lindsey on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Lauren Lindsey said...

I loved the pumpkin patch! 🍅

The Lindsey Family said...

I had a GREAT time with you guys!