Friday, August 9, 2013

The Basic Apps



Today on Kelly's Korner the talk is all about apps, and I'm guessing we all probably feel passionate about our very favorite apps. 

I love apps.  With the exception of games, I will try almost any new app that is listed in the app store.  I am an early adopter, and I use apps throughout the day to check on news, weather and various less important hobbies and distractions.  When I was gifted the iPhone 5 for my birthday last year (THANKS, Skip!!!), I decided to clean up my apps once and for all.  I narrowed down the icons to the basics, the essentials.  That's why I love this topic because what I might consider essential is a non-necessity for someone else, and I can't wait to see what other users consider their go-to apps for staying on top of things. 

Here's my list of basics. 

Social

Instagram - Instagram is my all-time, favorite social app.  This is my #1, and I have even started restricting my use because I realized I hadn't taken a picture of my children with our "nice" camera in weeks. 
Feedly - I'm loving Feedly in place of Google Reader. 
Vimeo
Twitter
Facebook


Entertainment

Podcasts
Pandora
Stitcher
Netflix

Games

Words with Friends - This is the lone game icon on my phone. I play scrabble with my mom. 

Reading

iBooks
Kindle
The Atlantic
Zinio
Bible
Flipboard - Although I love Flipboard, I deleted the app because it takes up so many gigabytes.  If I had a newer iPad and the storage space, I would use Flipboard daily. 

Utility

Google Authenticator - Authenticator is the two-step security feature for Google accounts. 
Remote - The remote icon controls Appletv. LOVE. 
Around Me

Shopping

eBay
Amazon

Friends, what are your favorite apps? Which one can you not live without?

No comments: