Friday, August 30, 2013

School Open House, 2013

Last night was open house at the duo's school. Since this is basically a "parent orientation," Skip stayed home with the trio while I visited the girls' classrooms and met with their teachers. Luckily, they combined their classroom meetings so I didn't have to dart between the two rooms. I took a seat at Gracie's desk and got to see the world from her vantage point for a few minutes. Afterward, I visited Lauren's desk in the next room.

Scenes from an open house:




Gracie's portrayal of her family, showing (L-R) Lauren, Grace, George, me and Skip

Lauren's classroom door
Lauren's work folder
The reading loft in Lauren's room
Exploring Lauren's desk
Grace's classroom door
The reading loft in Grace's room
Grace's work
Exploring Grace's desk

Grace and Lauren are so excited, and this is shaping up to be the best year yet!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

It must be super cool to have a reading loft in 1st grade - Callie's class also has one she thinks it's great!

The Lindsey Family said...

Reading lofts are the BEST! I want one at home!