Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Update

We spent the weekend celebrating.

First, we took the trio to a parent night out event at gymnastics. As a funny aside, our children take their food seriously, and on the way I was peppered with questions about what they would eat. Since dinner is provided at PNO, I assured them it would be kid-friendly (and allergen free). Our standing practice is that if they do not like food that is provided or if they do not get enough to eat, we will get something else when we leave. Upon arrival, we noted a stack of pizzas awaiting consumption by a studio full of children, and they were pleased. Jumping ahead, when we picked them up at the end of the evening, they all three had this panicked, hungry, animal look in their eyes, and Lauren shakily informed me, "We only had ONE PIECE OF PIZZA! We're HUNGRY!" We quickly picked up dinner for them on the way home.  

Any rate... after dropping them at PNO and before the hunger crisis, we had a wonderful dinner at Fleming's, complete with champagne, steak, crab, a decadent dessert and truffles. All of that deliciousness made us wonder... Why can't every day be our anniversary? We had a wonderful date night and then picked up the trio and promptly fed them a second supper.


Waiting at the bar

So the above is a horrible, poorly lit photo, after which Skip told me I needed to get a case with a light for my phone. A quick search revealed that Kim Kardashian uses the LuMee, and she swears it for taking photos in dark clubs. Since I am rarely in dark clubs, I'm not sure I will pull the trigger on this, although I do love light.     

We took my mom to lunch for Mother's Day on Saturday, and then we headed to William George's game. It was another fantastic game for the Braves, and George was again 3/3 with some good defensive fielding as well.






We had lunch with Skip's parents on Sunday. Skip's dad is up and about more each day, and definitely is getting a spring back in his step. After arriving back home, the trio gave me their wonderful gifts, and was pretty pampered by having the afternoon off.




No comments: