Monday, October 3, 2011

Turning 5

Today Lauren and Gracie turned five.  This was a monumental event for them, as they consider themselves big kids now.  Their party was this past Saturday, and I will try to get those pics loaded and posted later this week. 

They also celebrated today at school by taking cupcakes to their respective classes.  This morning, as we were getting out of the car, I told them both "happy birthday," and told them how proud I am of how much they have accomplished and how far they have come in the last five years.  For us, it is a day of nostalgia; for them, it is a time to celebrate.  They pushed past me and marched to their classrooms to celebrate with their friends, to be stars for the day.  Since my parting words each morning are "go get 'em," that seemed appropriate. 

They were interested in looking at some of their hospital photos so we looked at pics from when they were born.  To help with the storytelling aspect, I put together a slide show, and here is how it turned out:


Lauren and Gracie 5 year slideshow from Cathi Lindsey on Vimeo.


"All This Beauty" by The Weepies

No comments: