Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend update


This past weekend was very low key, and it was great. We ran some errands Saturday morning, lunched at Chick-fil-A and then came home. In a last minute decision, we skipped attending the Alabama game and stayed home instead. Staying home to grill out and watch a game or two from the comfort of our own home was absolutely the right call for us. We had a great night and did not have any crowd/parking/long line(s) issues.

Next, we went to church Sunday morning, lunched at Jim n' Nick's, and then ran some S-A-N-T-A errands Sunday afternoon. I have made a vow to finish my shopping early this year. While I am sure that vow will be stretched slightly, I am planning to have the majority of shopping and Christmas-related work completed by mid-November. Or, I could be checking the overnight shipping policies of several online sites on December 23rd. That type of maneuvering always adds an adventurous edge, and it has become something of a Lindsey family tradition.




Finally, I mentioned discovering that I have weak willpower for Target and, particularly, for the Missoni for Target line that they carried last month. The Missoni splurge was a big portion of the girls' birthday, and they wore their sheath dresses, capes and matching ballet flats yesterday to church. I tried not to think about the matching tights that I was unable to procure, but the girls' white socks  mocked me all morning. I only mentioned the outfits because 1) they are too adorable not to mention and 2) the weather finally permits wearing a sweater-like cape! At long last, we are able to walk outdoors without sweating profusely. We could have lunched outside yesterday! (We have lunched on the patio the last three times we have gone as a family, and were ready for some indoors dining for a change.) Somehow we survived another Alabama summer, and are beyond happy to have a break in the heat and the ability to wear a sweater.



Matching tights or no, we are so feeling sweater weather.

No comments: