Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Birthday party

Back on the 27th, I had the dubious honor of celebrating a birthday. As mentioned here, Gracie single-handedly altered our plans for the evening by announcing that we would "have my party" in the dining room that night. Our quiet dinner for two was immediately transformed into a rowdy family affair, and it was actually very fun.

The dining room was prepared for the festivities, and the girls insisted on wearing their party dresses from their birthday party. Also, they wanted to know where my party dress was? Why wouldn't I wear it? Finally, would I be willing to share my birthday balloons with them?



After explaining that adults do not really have party themes and, as a rule, do not have balloons, they seemed a lot less eager to grow up. Adults do sometimes receive flowers, and they always have cake.  CAKE! 


Although there were no balloons to share, I did share my scrumptious coconut cake, and the girls devoured it. 

I had a FANTASTIC birthday!

No comments: