Monday, January 2, 2012

Service


In the last couple of weeks, I have experienced myriad technical difficulties.  First, my nice camera had to be sent for repairs.  Second, my Internet speed slowed to a snail's pace.  I was unable to provide our usual calendars to grandparents because photos could not be uploaded, and now I am unable to upload anything to any sites.  We thought the issue was our wireless, but after a router change it is abundantly clear that the problem is systemic.  Accordingly, I made the dreaded call to our Internet service provider's technical support last night.  The rep confirmed that our speed is slow, and our upload speed is less than zero.  Seriously, it is 0.001.  I now I understand why I spent a week attempting to make those photo calendars and only got three photos loaded. 

Today they dispatched a technician who came in to check things out.  He immediately surmised that the problem is that our signal is actually too strong.  So he dialed back the signal at the point it enters our home.  And... the problem is... EXPONENTIALLY WORSE. 

So the supervising line crew will be here tomorrow.  In the meantime, we are utilizing Internet, circa 1996. 

Updates to come soon?  Possibly?

No comments: