Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bumbo Envy


Since George arrived home, Gracie has become quite the little mommy.  She has her babies and all of their many accoutrements, and she coordinates all of her mothering with George's schedule.  If George needs a bath, her baby needs one as well.  If George has a bottle, her baby has a bottle.  If George needs to be changed, then her baby, Georgia, needs to be changed also. 




Little Georgia enjoys all of the same ameneties as George on a daily basis.  Therefore, I should have anticipated some issues when we brought a Bumbo home for George.  As soon as he was positioned in the seat, Gracie said, "Does my baby have a Bumbo?" 

I answered, "Well, uhm.... no, she doesn't...."
"Did you get one for my baby?" 
"Well...."
"Is my Bumbo in the car?"
"Well.... they don't exactly make them for your baby."
"Why you didn't get one for my baby??? You're just teasing, mommy?  My Bumbo is in the car???"

The conversation was awkward, to say the least.  In a moment of thinking quickly on my feet, I fashioned a Bumbo for her baby out of one of our plastic bins.  Voila!


Once little Georgia was assured that she is every bit as important as George (ahem), all was right with the world. 



The happy foursome regularly have a great time.

No comments: