Friday, August 17, 2012

Front Porches



Today on the "Show Us Your Life Series," we are talking about front porches.  Our front porch spans the entire width of the house.  (Can we pretend those planters contain a lush arrangement?)


We have a small sitting area.  Those doors open to the kitchen.  Before we had children, we would have breakfast and read on the front porch. 

The keeping room, dining room and master bath also open onto the porch.  We would like to eventually move the current furniture to the other end and have an outdoor eating area off of the kitchen.  Finding a set that is nice enough to work on the front porch has been challenging. 

Even though we only open those doors in the spring and fall, doing so is always well worth the wait.  Such a rare luxury. 




Porches are always one of my favorite parts of a house, and this tour will have me ready to decorate for fall. 

Are you ready for cooler weather and pumpkins?


2 comments:

Brandie said...

You've got some beautiful porch furniture. I love antiques! Your home and family are beautiful - thanks for sharing! Feel free to return the visit - I linked up, too!

Kay K said...

OH !!!! now I am wanting your porch furniture as this is what
my mom and dad had I love those chairs and gliders ....great porch thanks for sharing