Monday, August 13, 2012

Gracie's Milestones: Teeth



We have big news. 

Gracie has lost her first tooth!

We knew Gracie has had three loose teeth, and we noticed a week ago that she had one really, really loose tooth.  We have been prepared for this moment and have been getting prepared for our first Tooth Fairy experience.  (Our Facebook query revealed varying reimbursement rates, ranging from a couple of dollars up to $5.00 for the first tooth.)  Yesterday, Gracie's tooth simply fell out.  I gasped, but quickly recovered by saying how excited I was!  Gracie bravely held paper towels to her mouth while Lauren collapsed to the floor in tears.  You see, Lauren does not yet have a single loose tooth, and she has been dreading the loss of Gracie's tooth and the resulting visit from the Tooth Fairy.  With diplomatic skills that would rival the most skillful politician, we congratulated Gracie while offering consolation to Lauren.  George sided with Lauren and erupted in tears also, but he was easily calmed. 

Gracie had dinner and brushed her new smile for the first time, and she reported that both experiences were "weird" without her tooth.  She was anxious about the Tooth Fairy coming into her room so we left the tooth downstairs instead -- under a sofa cushion, of course.  Gracie left a note so the tooth fairy would know what to do:

Dear Tooth Fairy:

My name is Gracie, and I lost a tooth!  My sister's name is Lauren, and she will be losing a tooth soon.  Please find my tooth under this pillow.  My bedroom is upstairs, but I wanted to save you time.  Thank  you for coming to my house.  Don't come in my room.  Find it downstairs. 

1)  Do you fly?

2)  Do you live in a castle?

3)  Thank you for coming to my house. 

PS:  I have a brother named George.  He only has four teeth right now. 

Gracie
Lauren

As you can see, Gracie had a few questions for the Tooth Fairy.  SO exciting!

How was your weekend? 

No comments: