Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ray Ban Sunglasses: Olympics Edition


For reasons that I cannot explain, I stumbled onto a niche market last night for vintage sunglasses.  Specifically, vintage Ray Ban sunglasses and their special edition for the Olympics.  Did you know they make an Olympics edition?  I surely did not. 


Unfortunately, the sellers of these vintage glasses do not concern themselves with details of which series they are selling, and therefore, these tend to be mystery glasses. 


From what I can tell, they range in price from $250 up to the 1988 Los Angeles series that were listed for $750. 


And to think I have a hard time paying the regular retail price!


This pair is from the 1994 Lillehammer games. 


Albertville, France
1992


[Crickets chirping.]
Honestly, I expect more from Google. 


Barcelona, Spain
1992


London, England
2012




Admittedly, I do like them, busyness and all, but I'm virtually certain Skip would tire of seeing them. 

Would you purchase a pair?

No comments: