Monday, August 27, 2012

Status Update


Monticello, 2004
 
When Skip and I were dating, we used to e-mail frequently.  We also logged hours and hours of telephone time (we had a long distance relationship),  but the e-mails are what we remember most.  Many of our e-mails were "status updates," wherein we would provide enumerated lists of what was happening on any given day.  These stripped-down updates were quick, and they freed us from having to write opening/closing paragraphs and follow other pesky grammar rules.

Here is my example to you:

1)  I have been gleeful about the $1B jury award Apple received against Samsung.  My inner nerd cannot wait to see if the judge upholds the award or decreases/increases the award.

2)  Farewell, Neil Armstrong.  An excerpt from his family's press release reads:

...Neil Armstrong was also a reluctant American hero who always believed he was just doing his job. He served his Nation proudly, as a navy fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut. He also found success back home in his native Ohio in business and academia, and became a community leader in Cincinnati.

...For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request. Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.

Let's do that, yes?

3)  Alice Bradley's blog post, "A List of Celebrities and What They Smell Like," is the funniest thing I have read all month. 

4)  We had a swimming lesson scheduled yesterday afternoon.  When we arrived, we were told the pool was temporarily closed because of a vomit incident (sorry... I hope you weren't eating/snacking when you read that).  Why are we having trouble with swim lessons?

5)  Prince Harry needs a new security team. 

6)  Finally, I was a huge Seinfeld fan in the 90's.  Skip recently told me about Jerry Seinfeld's new venture, a web show entitled "Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee".  How I missed this is beyond me, but, thankfully, Skip stumbled onto the series. The content is not exactly family friendly.  But, I love it.  My favorite is the Larry David episode.  The combination of brilliance and neurosis is genius.  The Alec Baldwin episode is Skip's favorite,  but they are all really funny. 

No comments: